A garage door is the only component of your garage’s safety. Your car’s worth and everything contained within your garage depends on the strength of its door. Hence, a good garage door is your car’s best investment. A single new garage door can cost anywhere from $500 to $800. An average home owner would be able to make his own garage door in nine to ten hours while for a professional, the average time required for building would be four to five hours. Read on to find out more about the cost breakdown.
The cost breakdown of a typical garage door involves:
- Locating a good contractor: There are several garage door companies (such as securegarages.com) that manage professional overhead garage door repairing and installation work. Try to contact at least three of such agencies to get the best price for the same service.
- Door styles: Garage door costs vary with different door styles. Some of them are:
- Single tilt-up models ($400 to $700)
- Solid wood custom models ($2500-$3000)
- Custom roll up models ($1200 to $2000)
- Single roll up models ($800 to $1000)
- Openers: Not all automatic garage door openers are alike. Some come with an installation price range of $150 to $300.
To know more about garage doors and their types, visit: securegarages.com