Garage doors are one of the most important and largest home appliances, thus it is necessary to keep up the annual maintenance to avoid expensive fixes later down the road. While homeowners may be able to fix many of the minor maintenance and inspection items on their own, but garage doors need the assistance of professionals to conduct more complicated services. Below are the tips and signs of when you should get your garage doors services or call on the experts for an annual check-up.
When do you need to have your garage door serviced?
- If the door is needed to be forced or moved while opening or closing, it is the time to get the service.
- If it’s not balanced. To check this, open the door half way manually, it should stay in place. If it shuts on its own, it is not balanced and it’s time for service.
- If it has been more than two year since the last service call.
- If it’s screeching or making excessive noise while closing or opening.
Sometimes, the issues get more serious which only a professional can handle, after all safety is the key!
- Visual inspections including the examination of cables, springs, pulleys, rollers, and mounting hardware for the signs of damage and wear.
- Checking the cracking panels, circuit boards, loud excessive noise, cable jumping off the drum, stripped gears, hinge separation or operator separation.
- Tracking and ensure proper mounting, replacing hardware and fasteners where needed. Adjust the torsion or extension springs tension.
If you’re facing one of these problems in your garage door, then look no further than Secure for Sure. We are the leading professionals who provide top notch garage door services in Jenkintown by using modern techniques adapted with the use of torsion springs to provide flexibility and reliability. For more info, visit http://www.securegarages.com. CALL (888) 691-4045 FOR 24HR EMERGENCY SERVICE